This program is open from February to November yearly. The duration will be determined by Wildlifevets.com.
Once you have completed and submitted the application form, you will receive an email accepting you into the program. Banking details will be provided and your seat will only be confirmed once the deposit reflects in our account. Remember to CLEARLY STATE YOUR NAME AS THE REFERENCE. Please E-mail us with the date of your transfer.
* Warm jacket for mornings/evenings.
* A good sun hat, sunglasses, sun screen, water bottle, raincoat.
* Appropriate footwear (closed shoes) for field work. Field work might be in foot-and-mouth disease areas and boots will be disinfected afterwards.
* Personal items such as toiletries, personal medication, alarm clock, insect repellent, a day pack when going out, camera, binoculars, note book and pen, flash light.
* Converter for electrical supplies (SA 220 V).
* Terra Luna has never had any reported malaria cases. Bring malaria prophylaxis in the event of sleeping away in malaria areas.
* Participants may bring their own laptops, but please note that each participant is responsible for his/her own belongings and the safety of said belongings.
Your final destination is Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, 300 km east of Johannesburg. Flying to Nelspruit is the most convenient option, but the City Bug bus (+27 13 741 4117) offers a reliable 4 hour shuttle from Johannesburg International Airport to Nelspruit. You will be collected at either Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA), (International code MQP), on the Sunday, at the start of the course, or from the City Bug bus stop.
In case of problems en route:
Change money at the airport. Master and Visa cards are accepted in South Africa.
Travelling in Africa requires a tourist to constantly be alert. Do not accept assistance from locals “trying to help” and be assertive. Keep all valuables out of sight and on your person when travelling. Do not make use of taxis own ANY public transport other than what is suggested in “Travel”.
Please consult your travel agent.
Should you need to cancel, please inform us immediately via E-mail. Please note that the deposit to secure your seat is not refundable. Tuition refunds are considered only in the event of natural disasters, participant serious illness or injury, or immediate family death. The transfer costs for refunds are carried by the participant, and will be deducted from the amount being refunded.